Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Today's quote is...

“You know, it's hard work to write a book. I can't tell you how many times I really get going on an idea, then my quill breaks. Or I spill ink all over my writing tunic.” 

~ Ellen DeGeneres


I'm going old school today and writing via pen and paper.  In high school, my best friend got me a dip pen set (it was gorgeous).  Unfortunately, since I am temporarily relocated, I didn't pack it; in fear that the FAA would put me on their no fly list for carrying a weapon, stabbing myself while unpacking, or other polylemma.  I packed one suitcase to bring here.  I would have just rather brought another pair of underpants than a possible weapon.  ANYWAY, I did manage to acquire a few notebooks (within the last couple months) and a Sharpie pen set in an array of colors.  

I am privy to the sarcasm in the quote that I picked today, but I am curious about getting a lucky writing [insert piece of garment here].  I do have my writing buddy, Bartholomoo the stuffed cow.  But somehow, I don't find that he's the same as a lucky pair of boxer shorts.

Join me in writing via pen or pencil (or quill or dip pen) today.  I'm hoping that this change of pace will help inspire me.

Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment