Monday, April 1, 2013

Day 1...

Day 1 - Have you participated in NaNoWriMo before?  If so, which years and what end result?  If not (or even if so, for that matter), what’s your connection to writing?  Why do you want to participate this year?

This will be my fourth session of NaNo.  I won my initial NaNo experience and lost during camp last year and last year's session of NaNo as well.  This year, I'm hoping to do the July session and the November one too.  I am a writer.  It is my hobby (as in, I don't do it professionally - I don't use my income from writing to pay for food, whiskey, caffiene, or any of the other necessities in order for me to function and live comfortably).  I use the money that I get from writing to by other writing things because it is not nearly enough to live on.  I'm hoping to write more and get better so that I can do it professionally.  I am participating in this session because:
1. I love the atmosphere and comradery,
2. I'm hoping that it will help me develop better writing habits,
3. It is fun, and
4.  I have stories that need to be told or I will die a slow and painful death. 


So far, day one has been going swimmingly.  Which is ironic for me to say because I really don't know how to swim.  So "swimmingly" for me would mean a lot of flailing around in the water.  Er, so how about I don't ever use that term again.  Day one has been going well.  I'm well past my word count goal for today so the rest of my wordage for today will just be word count padding.  

If you are participating as well, I wish you luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment