Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Day 3...Oh my, I'm losing days...

Day 1 - Edit...  I forgot that I did both sessions of camp last summer and I won the first session.  I just didn't finish the story so I don't really consider it a win.  I just hit the 50k mark...  *sigh*
 
Day 2 - What’s the title of your story?  Why did you choose the name you did?
 
The title of my story is "Two Princes."  I'm horrible at names so I just chose the first name to come to mind.  It is a trick, kind of.  There aren't actually two princes going after the princess.  You'll have to read the story to figure it out.  :)
 
Day 3 - Pick one of your female characters.  Introduce your readers to her, from her point of view and her words only.
 
 My name is Princess Firefly.  I hate that I have to put "Princess" in front of my name when people ask me who I am (not that people normally ask -- they know who I am).  Being a princess is not who I am.  My name is Firefly and I just happen to be a princess...which is one of the most pointless roles in the kingship.  I don't even get to pick who I marry.  BUT, since I am the only heir to my father's kingdom, whoever I marry gets to rule my kingdom with me.  Since my marriage will be extremely important, you'd figure that my dad would be all over the guys that I'm dating, right?  Well, he's not.  Probably because he doesn't allow me to date.  In fact, he doesn't allow me to leave the kingdom at all, so even if I did date, I'd have to date one of the noble men in our kingdom and they're all pretty snobby.  I've never met any of the princes in the other kingdoms (or any of the noblemen either).  I guess I expected them to be just like daddy...only younger.  So when I met Prince Elkhorne, well, let's just say I didn't really expect to meet him.  What a bumbling idiot...



So it is the morning of day 3 of camp.  I've already got a rash.  No, I'm serious.  There's a spot on my leg that's all itchy.  I think it's because of the couch that I've set up camp on.  I might need to relocate.  It's a cold, rainy day of camp.  While I expected to wake up and clean the pond filter, I was happily surprise to see/hear the rain, meaning that I get a morning of writing instead.  I'm not sure if it is in my nature as a writer, or if it is because I am from the Pacific Northwest but the rain helps calm my nerves.  In addition, it helps to inspire words in my chaotic brain.  Wish me luck.  I'm hoping to make 3k+ every day.  Yesterday I only made just over 2k (I think).

No comments:

Post a Comment