Friday, April 5, 2013

Donuts and Lucky Star

Yesterday (Day four), I decided to take a quick hiatus so that Jake and I could spend some quality time together.  And by quality time I mean, snuggling on the couch watching Lucky Star and eating lemon-filled donuts from Krispy Kreme.  I had enough buffer in my word count to take another day off today but I'm going to save it for an emergency.  




As for today, there will be quite a few distractions today but I'm still hoping to write 3k. (though 4k would be awesome and make me feel as though I made up for yesterday).  I guess I better get to work.  But first...

Day 4 - What genre is your novel?  Why did you pick it?
My genres are fairy tale/fantasy and trashy romance. I picked it because I wanted to do something I've never done before. I wanted to write in a genre that I wasn't comfortable with.  And believe me, I'm not killing off enough characters in my story to be comfortable.  But someone will die.  I'll make sure of it. :P
 
 
Day 5 - Name two songs from your playlist that you feel are connected with your novel in some way, and explain how they are.
My playlist is filled with songs from movie scores.  I have a couple from Disney movies with an "I'm going on an ADVENTURE!" feel to them.  I also have some really outrageous (with a semi-seventies game show feel) songs from an anime series called "Chobits" because they really do give me the feeling that "I'm running from something."  I've chosen a lot more fun and upbeat TV and movie scores this time around because of the genre that I'm writing in.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment