Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Still going strong

So begins my second week of camp.  I'm still on par with my word count (sadly my word count buffer seems to have dissipated.  But I am happy to say that on this day (Day 9 of camp), I have:
  1. Swept the dining room and hallway
  2. Put two coats of wax on those floors
  3. Swept and mopped the tile in the front room
  4. Made 2000 words
  5. Cooked breakfast for Jake's granddad (and brewed coffee for the house)
  6. Washed the dishes 
All of which was before 11AM.  Seeing this momentum on "paper" has reinvigorated me, which is good.  Especially since I just woke up from a 20 minute nap that zapped every ounce of energy out of me.

As far as camp goes, I have felt guilty working on a novel (that I'm not 100% passionate about), and not working on stories that I plan to turn in to publishers and/or literary magazines.  Because of that, I am widening my April writing goals and adding "Finish 5 short stories a week until the end of the month".  I have finished two since Sunday (unfortunately, I'm not very fond of the second one).

Excellent advice, yes?


Good luck Wrimos and fellow word slingers!

No comments:

Post a Comment