Saturday, February 23, 2013

Hibiscus Flowers in the Rain

It's been raining here in "sunny" Florida.  The past couple days have reminded me of home sweet home in the Pacific Northwest.  It's been very inspiring.  I feel like flinging words like there's no tomorrow.  There's something about grey skies that really gets my creativity going.  Grey skies and the pitter patter of rain drops on the tin roof over the patio.  




In other news, Jake's granddad has a new roommate.  Broken wrist.  He seems pleasant enough, even though he's apparently hard of hearing.  The TV is on so loud that I can't hear myself think.  Lucky for me, I think The Producers is on.  It could be worse.  It could be Elmo's World...  Not to mention, the new roommate is pretty witty and clever.  That's pretty inspiring as well.  

I have two long term projects that I have been working on: a satirical piece of historical fiction (with a dash of James Bond and a splash of Sherlock Homes) and a humorous (at least that's my intention) adventure story with a lovable group of outcasts and a look at how we treat the elderly in modern day American society.  My self-diagnosed ADD keeps me from locking down only one project at a time.  I figure that focusing on two, very different projects should come in handy because no matter what mood I'm in, I will be able to work on one story or the other.  Now my only problem is staying focused on these long term projects when the distraction of short stories (my first love) is constantly pulling at my attention strings.  Oo, look!  Shiny!

Oh my god...how is it that I've never watched The Producers before?


No comments:

Post a Comment