Monday, September 17, 2012

Life has been hectic.  I have been working at the same job that I had left when Jake and I went to Florida.  In fact, we both got our old jobs back. 

Since being back, it has dawned on me that writers have such a lonely and sedentary career.  In light of this epiphany, I have decided to try a new sport and start working out.  So, every Tuesday, Jake and I will trek to Tacoma and attend a Kendo class.  For those of you that don't know, Kendo is like Japanese fencing..., that uses bamboo Shinai swords..., that hurt like heck.  Tomorrow will be our first official class.

In addition to this, Jake and I have signed up on meetup.com.  It's a great place where we can find new people that share common interests.  I have joined quite a few meet-up groups: board games, hiking, camping, socializing in our local community, etc.  I'm just sad that there isn't a meet-up group that does community service in our county as well.

I have also kept in touch with the Pensacola Critique Group and started attending the Writer's For Pete's Sake Writing Group again.  I love those two groups so much!

So I will post these questions to you, fellow writers: What do you do in order to stay in shape and how do you socialize?  Do you socialize with fellow writers?  And if you do, how do you do that?

No comments:

Post a Comment