Wednesday, May 1, 2013

It's May 1st!


Well, everyone, it is officially May 1, 2013.  I am happy to report that I won Camp Nanowrimo 2013 as of two days ago, and that I kept and made a few deadlines that I wanted to make last month.  This will be win #3 in the record books.  I’m hoping that this trend will continue and that May will be just as productive as April. 50,000 words is a lot.  It’s 1/3 of a novel, four submissions, eight other short stories (or short story attempts), and I’m not even talking about the planning required for any of them. 50,000 words is also a lot of hot tea, Sugar Free Red Bull, and coffee.  I’m sorry to say that the NaNoWriMo 30 Day Challenge Questions had to fall by the wayside last month because my goals changed about 1/3 of the way through the month.



I’m also happy to report that my boyfriend, Jake, got his first win. I’m trying to convince him to write with me in June as well.  He’s working on a fantastic novel about deceit, betrayal, airships, and love.  This next month, he will be working on editing (and if we get far enough) he may be working on rewrites in June (perfect for a NaNo Rebel, amirite?).



For me, May will be the month of my big breakthrough novel.  Ambitious remark, isn’t it?  I will be working on an as-of-right-now-nameless novel idea about international spies with historical WWII figures.  It may be labeled as historical fiction but for right now I’m just going to label it action/adventure.  If all goes according to plan, I will be writing it this month and doing rewrites next month.  The month after will be my birthday month which means ...

PORT TOWNSEND WRITING CONFERENCE! 



As a bonus, I told myself that I would buy business cards for the conference if I won NaNo last month.  Victory be mine!  I’m looking at the wonderful products at Moo.com (as recommended by my writery friend, Lex Chase).  She is also the same person who reminds me that dreams can come true if I just work hard and keep at it.  Seeing her success is such a great motivator.  I love being one of the cheerleaders, hehe.



Anyway, back to the word mines...

No comments:

Post a Comment